Check out the great articles that may be able to fully answer your questions - Click Here!

ASC Title & Tags 1012 Pottstown Pike Chester Springs, PA



In order to transfer the vehicle you just purchased, you will need to bring the following items with you:


1. The seller(s) of the vehicle. That would be any name that appears on the title. They must have their ID. This is not an absolute requirement. If the vehicle is from another State, as long as the title been signed off by the owner(s) and notarized (if required by that State), the seller(s) do not have to appear. If it is a PA title and the seller(s) have signed and notarized the title, they do not need to appear.


2. A valid title for the vehicle being purchased.


3. If there was a lien on the vehicle, it must be cleared with a bank letter or signed off on the front of the title.  Some states have a separate “Lien Certificate” which looks like a title. That document will have a signature on it releasing the lien..


4. Proof of Pennsylvania insurance, which would be a valid insurance identification card, declaration page of an insurance policy, a copy of a valid binder or a copy of an application for insurance to the Pennsylvania Assigned Risk These documents must indicate both effective and expiration dates. The name of the purchaser of the vehicle must appear on the Insurance information.


5. A PA Driver's License for each of the purchasers. If you are ACTIVE MILITARY, you are exempt from this requirement. You must have proof.


6. If the vehicle is from another Sate or NEW please bring the vehicle. If you cannot bring the vehicle, you must supply a rubbing of the VIN. If you cannot secure a legible rubbing, we can come to your location after hours and confirm the VIN, for a house call fee.


7. You may transfer a plate from spouses, Parents to children and vice-versa OR your own plate from one vehicle to another. Otherwise, you must purchase a new plate. If you want to transfer the plate and are eligible, please bring the REGISTRATION CARD of the plate you want to transfer.

*there may be other documents required to be signed by the sellers such as an MV-13 GIFT FORM so it is a good idea to call ahead of time to make sure everything is in order.


Dealer or Out of State PA Resident?

Let us handle your DMV paperwork!